YMCA Camp Sequoia Lake – Summer Overnight Camp
Nestled up to Kings Canyon National Park (Central California), YMCA Camp Sequoia Lake operates 3 different programs: Traditional week long Youth Camp, Week long Skateboarding camp, and week long family camping experiences.
Job Dates: May – September
Working under the guidance of the Buildings and Grounds director this position will be involved with building and equipment repairs, trail maintenance, and safety checks. Duties include: Monitoring and maintaining the water system, trash removal and recycling, general facilities upkeep.
● Plumbing: ability to fix broken water lines, replace toilets, and fix valves
● Carpentry: ability to fix fences / decks, install doors, replace windows
● Electrical: ability to replace light fixtures, test plugs
● Vehicle Mechanics: ability to service small pickups, change oil, inspect breaks
● Heavy equipment operation: ability to operate Bobcat
● Driver License: ability to operate a stick shift while towing a 5th wheel
● General knowledge of maintenance equipment and power tools
● Good communication skills
● Desire to work outdoors 24/7
● Must be 18 years of age
● Six months or more of related experience preferred
● Ability to read and interpret instructions, procedures, manuals and other documents
● Basic understanding of the upkeep and care of equipment
● Criminal Clearance, Drug test screening
● Must be able to lift at least 50lbs
● Must be able to work on uneven terrain
● Must be able to stand for 8 hours (with breaks)
● Must be able to work in temperatures ranging from 30 to 100 degrees
$13/hr with room and board
Email Simon Helyer at [email protected] for more information.