Utah Recreation Company is seeking friendly and reliable individuals to fill our Camp Host openings! This is an exciting opportunity to work in the hospitality field while spending time outdoors and assisting campers.
ABOUT US: We are the new concessionaire for the Uinta-Wasatch-Cache National Forest. We are contracted with the United States Forest Service to manage the campsites in this region and are a privately-owned company.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
Location: Campgrounds throughout the Uinta-Wasatch-Cache National Forest
Site Provided for Position: Yes
Schedule: Variable hours based on location needs
• Own a well-maintained RV suitable to stay in for the season (picture submission required as part of the interview process).
• Experience in the recreation industry preferred
• Knowledgeable about visitor services and amenities in the forest and campground
• Strong communication and organization skills
• Positive attitude toward the campground environment
• Genuine concern for guests’ experience
• Ability to work unsupervised
• Ability to follow directions and work in a team environment
• Must possess a valid driver license with a clean 3-year history and no DUI convictions in the past 10 years (all new hires will be asked to provide a DMV printout)
• Ability to either stay on-site in a well-maintained personal RV or camper (preferred) or ability to commute to your site each day (applicants planning to stay on-site will be considered first)
• Greet arriving guests, assist with check-in and check-out
• Take an active role in seeing that facilities and equipment are properly maintained and used appropriately
• Clean fire pits, bear-lockers campsites, parking areas, and roadways
• Paint/clean picnic tables as needed
• Clean restrooms as per housekeeping schedule
• Ensure vehicle procedures are followed in the use of assigned vehicles
• Know, understand, and follow established rules and standards for housekeeping and sanitation
• Monitor campground loop and handle any concerns or questions from guests
• Sell company-provided firewood, if applicable to the location
• Be a friendly and helpful resource to visitors
• Enforce campground rules and regulations
• Resolve conflicts among campers and report problems to management as needed
• Notify supervisor immediately any time a guest is not satisfied with their experience
• Collect payment from campers and envelopes from fee tubes
• Weed trimming and lawn mowing
Utah Recreation Company is looking for CAMP HOSTS!
HOW TO APPLY:
1. Fill out an application at www.UtahRecreationCompany.com to tell us about your work history and skills.
2. Send an email to [email protected] and let us know if you have a campground preference, if you are applying as an individual or as a couple, and include a picture of your RV and its year.
3. Keep an eye on your email for updates about the position.
We are in the Uinta-Wasatch-Cache National Forest and are looking for individuals and couples to come spend the season with us.
Wage is $8.25 per hour for full-time or part-time seasonal employment (typically May through October at most of our sites). Many of our sites have electric hookups, but we are especially interested in candidates who are equipped with solar and/or generators.
Apply today at www.utahrecreationcompany.com, we can’t wait to hear from you!