Looking for a fun job to build your leadership skills?
Are you passionate about working with youth in outdoor and aquatics settings?
Are you 18 or older?
GROW YOUR CAREER AT YMCA CAMP SURF!
Details: May 26th – Aug 15th
Y would I apply?
· FREE Complete Gym Membership · FREE Workout Classes · FREE Pool Access · Work with Your Friends – Text them the link to this page now! · Build Your Resume · Opportunities for Growth · Community Involvement
Sound good? (We think so, too!)
Here’s what you would do:
· Practice preventative lifeguard techniques at all times
· Maintain high standards of skill in First Aid, CPR, oxygen administration, and effective interface with local EMS agency personnel
· Assume full responsibility for a cabin group of 8-12 children including supervising the children 24 hours per day
· Teach OE and/or recreation programming, lead activities for students and participants
· Lead activities including (but not limited to) archery, field games, and the climbing tower with good teaching and leadership skills
· Employ good teaching and leadership techniques in providing quality instruction
· Demonstrate a strong sense of investment in camp by actively supporting the cleanliness of facilities, care of equipment and supplies, and stewardship of the natural environment
· Knowledge of camp operating procedures “OK, I’m sold!”
What do I need to qualify?
· Must be at least 18 years of age or older and have obtained high school diploma or GED
· Bachelor’s degree in education, recreation, related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred
· Successful completion of on-site USLA Open Water Guarding certification and monthly in-service drills and training
· Successful completion of on-site ASHI Advanced First Aid course and monthly in-service drills and training
· Experience working with youth in Outdoor Education, Overnight Camp, Day Camp or like setting preferred
· Certification or experience in the following preferred: climbing, camping, archery, hiking, biking, surfing, swimming, sailing kayaking and scuba diving
· Physical ability to lead and interact in group activities and perform related physical skills including: standing, hiking and/or climbing for extended periods of time
· Must be able to live on-site during program season
· Current certification in First Aid and CPR-Pro O2 must be from one of the following: o American Red Cross o American Heart Association o American Safety & Health Institute